Every week my girlfriends and I get together for dinner, experiment with a new recipe, share some wine, some laughter and just relax & enjoy each other’s company. Yes, I am truly blessed with some AMAZING friends! We usually do this every Sunday, but with the Superbowl (Congrats Giants!) this past weekend we decided to have our weekly ladies dinner on Friday instead…which meant planning! We wanted to be able to go out & enjoy a night out afterwards but also wanted to have a “real” meal so we opted for utilizing my slow cooker…FINALLY! I’ve had it for well over a year and still haven’t tried it out. I popped all the ingredients in my slow cooker before work and came home to a house that smelled SO delish! It was perfect, we all got together had some food & were still able to get “party” ready & go out before cover charges took effect anyplace…Perfection!
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook Time: 8 Hrs Ready In: 8 Hrs 15 Min
Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (1.2 ounce) package dry beef gravy mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- 25 Baby carrots (optional)
- 6 Red Potatoes cubed
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread the onion slices out into the bottom of the cooker.
- Spread the flour out onto a work surface. Sprinkle the chuck roast with salt and black pepper, and roll the roast in the flour to coat all sides. Using the edge of a small, sturdy plate, pound the flour into the meat. Place the floured roast into the cooker on top of the onions. Whisk together beef gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian dressing mix in a bowl, and whisk the mixes with water until smooth. Pour over the chuck roast. Distribute carrots around the meat.
- Cover the cooker, set to Low, and cook until the roast is tender and the gravy has thickened, about 8 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 385 | Total Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 87mg
Got any slow cooker recipes to share? Send them to me, I’m always on the hunt!
Hope your day is filled with heart & sparkle!